Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 83: March 23rd – More Kites !


Sunny with temps in the mid 80s, calm

       Sorry about being redundant, but I simply can’t pass up the opportunity to watch and photograph Swallowtail kites while the option is on the table.  Went over to the pool next to the condo where our friends from up north are staying while here in Kissimmee and looked to the skies.  The lighting was much better than yesterday, and the birds were actually coming in more closely than my last shots.  And so, here are two more shots of the Swallowtail kites from Central Florida.



        I should mention that several of the kites I observed had what appeared to be nesting material in their bills.  I can only imagine that this is a group of nesting kites whiny we have had the rare opportunity to observe.

No comments: