Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Florida hospitality




After missing the "target" several days ago, I decided to once again head out to Orlando Wetlands Park, home to the rare Black-bellied whistling duck. The original report was found on the Florida "Rare bird alert", but I later found out from talking to the manager of the site that the whiistling duck has in fact been a regular at the park since 2003. It was an early morning and a long walk out to the site where the ducks had been found in recent days, but it was all worth it. No fewer than 50 of the ducks were congregated at the spot where forman Mark had predicted. After watching and photographing these wonderful fowl, I turned to leave and found that Mark had come out to the site to check on me and find out if I had found them.....Fllorida hospitality, from Mark and from the Black-bellied whistling ducks.

No comments: